Tots to Teens -Tooreen, Ballyhaunis, Co Mayo require After School Leader
Tots to Teens is a term time Pre-school and After School service located in Tooreen, Ballyhaunis, Co Mayo. We aim to provide high quality care and pre school education following the Aistear and Síolta frameworks. Our team of enthusiastic practitioners help to provide a home from home atmosphere where the children are nurtured, celebrated and supported. The Afterschool Service provides a range of fun and interactive opportunities for school aged children.
Our vision is to provide a high quality, stimulating, exciting and creative experience for our Pre School and After School members and a flexible, support service for their families.
Positions Available – After School Leader – Start Date November 2021
Hours during school term will usually be 13:30 – 18:30 (25 hours per week). During school closure periods you will have the possibility of working longer/additional hours during camp days and term holidays depending on numbers availing of the service. Flexibility is a must. This role also covers an element of relief cover for the pre school service.
- Planning and executing a wide variety of afterschool activities including art & crafts, cookery, outdoor activities, sport, group games etc whilst ensuring the safety of the children at all times.
- Home work assistance
- School collections & snack/dinner preparation
- Engage with parents when children are collected
- Ensure children are safe and happy
- Have fun!
Qualifications & Qualities required:
- Dynamic, self-motivated and enthusiastic with a commitment to delivering high quality care programmes
- Minimum FETAC Level 5 in Early Years Education
- Experience in working with children of 3-12 years
- A knowledge of Aistear and Síolta frameworks a bonus
- Interest in outdoor fun and creative activities is considered an advantage
- Passionate, creative, approachable, adventurous personality
- Strong ethical behaviour
- Excellent Communicator with fluent English
- Garda Vetting Check will be required for all staff which will be undertaken following interview
The right candidate must have a genuine love of working with school aged children.
Apply in writing only by 16th November 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org