‘Supporting the Early Years’ – Parents Plus Early Years Sponsored Programme roll-out
Parents Plus invites applications from providers of Early Years services in the 3- 6 age group, including pre-schools, primary schools, primary care, family support services etc. to participate in the roll out of the Parents Plus Early Years Programme (PPEY) initiative.
What will you gain from participating?
You will learn how to:
• Help children be emotionally ready for the transition to school and to settle once they are there.
• Engage positively with the parents who attend your preschool or school.
• Solve behaviour problems collaboratively with parents.
• Deliver an evidence-based programme in your service with proven benefits for children.
• Transform your practice by engaging in skills development and supervision.
Successful applications will gain sponsored training, full sets of programme materials and individual support to deliver the Parents Plus Early Years Programme within their service.
Joint applications are encouraged from pre-schools and primary schools or small consortia of agencies working in partnership with one another that might include services such as, public health nursing, primary care, family support services etc.
This project aims to:
1. Increase access to evidence-based programmes for parents of children in the 3-6 age group.
2. In line with Parent’s plus’ mission to support practitioners to support families, this project aims to help early years practitioners/teachers to develop their professional practice in running parent programmes and engaging with parents in a strengths based way.
3. Offer tailored implementation support to participating services (managers and participating staff)
4. Evaluate the practice impact of the project for professionals and services taking part.
For all of the details on this project and how to apply, click here to go to the Parents Plus website and please also find a flyer attached.