Roscommon CCC Bulletin. Week ending 6th March 2020
Here are the important dates, deadlines and announcements for the week 2 – 6 March 2020. Don’t forget to keep update with all Roscommon CCC news and update on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/roscommonchildcare/ and website: www.roscommonchildcare.ie
DEADLINES/IMPORTANT DATES/ Training:
Capital funding workshop 2020.
Childcare providers: Are you aware of the requirements for Capital funding applications 2020.
Roscommon CCC are delivering a workshop on Capital funding requirements and documentation needed to complete your Capital 2020 funding application.
This workshop will take place in Roscommon CCC Offices, Knock Road, Castlerea, Co. Roscommon at 6pm. Date: Monday 9th March 2020
Roscommon CCC will allocate one to one sessions to providers on the night who wish to avail of further intensive support.
Please contact 094 9622540 to book a place.
Monday 9 March 2020
- CCSP/TEC saver management window closes. Click here for more information.
Friday 13 March 2020
- Applications for FAR training reimbursement Q1 close.
Diversity Equality & Inclusion training
Roscommon CCC are delivering their final course throughout March/April. The dates are as follows:
- Monday 23rd March 2pm to 8pm
- Monday 30th March 6pm to 9pm
- Monday 6th April 6pm to 9pm
- Monday 20th April 6pm to 9pm
If you wish to avail of this training please contact the office on 094 9622540 or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday 24 March 2020
- First 5 Consultation, Hannon’s Hotel, Roscommon. Please book in via Eventbrite.
Friday 27 March 2020
- Payment date for successful Q1 FAR reimbursement applications
- Closing date for Capital funding applications
Monday March 30 2020
Childminders Network meeting, Abbey Hotel, Roscommon. 6.30pm-7.30pm. Click here to book your ticket.
Thursday 2 April 2020
- Tusla portal reopens for submission of outstanding re-registration documents
Friday 3 April
- CCSP/TEC saver management windows open
Monday 27 April
- CCSP/TEC saver management window closes
- Parent and Toddler group Grant deadline
Friday 12 June 2020
- Applications for final FAR training reimbursement close
Friday 26 June 2020
- Final payment date for successful FAR reimbursement applications
Friday 26 June – Monday 20 July 2020
- CCSP/TEC saver management window
Tuesday 30 June 2020
- Final submission date for outstanding Tusla re-registration documents
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
Covid-19 – the Corona virus
As more cases are confirmed in Ireland, the current danger is an overwhelming amount of very poor information, most of which is circulating on social media. Whilst it might be very well intentioned, we would not recommend it as your main source of advice. Don’t forget the HSE has a webpage dedicated to the virus https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/coronavirus.html
The Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Tony Holohan issued a letter for schools and preschools (copy attached) which gives very sensible, practical advice.
- In order to catch the virus a person/child must be in close contact with an infected person’s bodily fluid i.e. coughs and sneezes or by touching surfaces that an infected person has coughed or sneezed on.
- The virus is killed by simple household disinfectant on surfaces.
- Regular hand-washing and good cough and sneeze hygiene is vital.
The Dept. of Education and Skills has a webpage dedicated to the virus and advice for preschools, schools and colleges. They have downloadable posters too. You can access the site here. We have attached one of their posters to this email.
TEC/CCSP funding agreements
If you have a TEC/CCSP contract, you should have received a communication regarding the funding agreements. Your current funding agreement was due to end on the launch of the NCS. However due to the ‘savers’ policy, your current TEC/CCSP funding agreement has to be extended until the end of the programme year and the issuing of new funding agreements. You do not have to do anything to extend the funding agreement, the letter serves as the extension. However, if you do not wish to extend your TEC/CCSP funding agreement, you are asked to contact Pobal as soon as possible.
First Five Consultation
Roscommon CCC will be hosting a consultation as part of a nationwide consultation on the future development of the workforce and future funding for the sector, two significant developments proposed in First 5, the strategy for babies, young children and their families. Anyone who works with or for children in an early learning and care and/or school age childcare service would be really welcome – it’s a chance for you to make your voice heard on these important issues. Roscommon CCC would encourage those practitioners who work directly with children to attend as well as owner managers as we hope to get as many differing, wide-ranging views as we can.
This event is free however you are asked to book your place using Eventbrite.
REMINDER OF THE WEEK:
Infection Control Policy/Sick Leave policy
Now would be a good time to review both of these policies in light of recent events. It might also be prudent to review your parent’s handbook with regard to what happens in the event of an unforeseen closure.
If you have any questions or queries, contact Roscommon County Childcare Committee CLG on 094 96 22540.