Lanesborough/Ballyleague Community Childcare Service are recruiting
Lanesborough/Ballyleague Community Childcare Service CLG is a community based service offering both early years and school aged childcare.
AFTERSCHOOL ROOM LEADER (Fixed Term 2 years)
The school aged childcare offers an afterschool service to children attending National School, aged between 4 years and 6 months and 12 years, for 38 weeks per year.
Hours – 2pm-6pm
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Lead the Afterschool room, with good planning, organisational and supervisory skills, and ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the room.
• Work in partnership with parents and other practitioners.
• Safeguard the welfare of the children in your care at all times, by adhering to the health and safety procedures at all times.
• To be able to work as part of a team, both within the room and the service as a whole.
• To have knowledge of The Children First guidelines and the protocol to follow and record.
• To understand the importance of daily logs and record keeping
• To be kind and respectful towards children and their individual needs.
• A recognised and relevant childcare qualification (Level 6 or above)
• Minimum of 2 years experience in similar childcare setting.
• Garda vetting
• Excellent classroom management skills.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
• Excellent fluency in English.
• Excellent time-keeping.
• Ability to work individually but also as part of a team.
Please send letter of application and accompanying CV to:
Closing Date: Tuesday 21st December 2021