Important announcement for Services: FAR Training during the Covid-19 Pandemic
As you may be aware and following our recent updates, Tusla have announced an extension to the timeframe for the implementation of the regulatory requirement to have at least one FAR trained member of staff available at all times. The DCYA had committed to providing a subsidy for the training of one staff member, per childcare service. This was to have been completed by the original deadline of 1 June 2020. In light of Tusla’s announcement, the DCYA are extending the subsidy eligibility to the end of 2020. See application form for closing dates.
Owing to the current Covid-19 restrictions, PHECC have agreed that the theory part of the FAR training course can be delivered as an online component. PHECC have stipulated that the online theory training will be:
- For the short term only and will be limited to the duration of the current Covid-19 situation.
- Does not replace the whole course, is for FAR theory only.
- Full certification cannot come from this part of the training.
- Practicals and assessment should be on hold until the current Covid-19 situation is over.
- The online session must be live and the trainer must ensure that they can document that participants engaged fully.
- There will be a limit of participants to 8 as in the face-to-face course
Please note there will be no extension to the DCYA support funding beyond December 2020
20052020 FAR letter to Providers from RCCC
 FAR Reimbursement Application Incl_part funding
Leave a Reply