Childcare Manager / Lead Room Educator (Part time) Kilkerrin Community Playschool – Kilkerrin, County Galway
Salary : competitive salary offered depending on experience and qualifications
We are looking to fill the position of Childcare Manager / Lead Room Educator for our Community Playschool. The hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 2pm.
The role is to commence at the beginning of the new term in August 2023.
Suitable applicants must have:
– Minimum Level 6 qualification – Level 7 -8 is desirable
– Completion of LINC Course would be an advantage
– Minimum 2 years in a supervisory role in a childcare setting
– Ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the service while also lead room educator.
– Ability to maintain scheme organisation such as ECCE records using the Early Years Hive program
– Ability to maintain records and other documents required for inspection purposes.
– All essential training courses must be up to date such as First Aid, Manual Handling, Fire Safety and Infection Control etc.
– Full knowledge of TUSLA regulations and requirements and the ability to facilitate TUSLA inspection.
– Ability to ensure that high standards of health, safety and hygiene are maintained in line with the health and safety legislation.
– Ability to apply for funding schemes and appropriate supports and complete all administrative requirements.
– Knowledge of Aistear and Siolta curriculum.
– Access to own transport and full driving licence
– Proven track record as a leader and team player
– A sincere and genuine love of children and assuring that the safety, welfare and needs of all children are always met.
– To be self-motivated and ability to motivate others.
– Manage staff and ensure adequate staffing of the facility
– Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
– Proficient in IT and high attention to detail
– A creative personality and be able to promote strong relationships between staff, children, and families.
Closing date for applications: Please send a copy of your CV before the 24th July 2023
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 25-30 per week
Salary: €16.50-€17.50 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ballinasloe, CO. Galway: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Child supervisory: 2 years (required)
- Level 6 Qualification (required)
- Ireland (required)
Work Location: In person