Launch of a series of Podcasts for the Early Childhood Care and Education Sector
Media Statement 11/01/2017 from Irene Cafferky, Manager, Roscommon County Childcare Committee
Roscommon County Childcare Committee are delighted as the lead agency in collaboration with Longford County Childcare Committee and the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment to announce the launch of a series of 15 podcasts which will assist and support the early year’s sector nationally in their pedagogical practice with the children they care and educate. The National Council for Curriculum and Assessment will also be using a range of these podcasts for the Aistear Siolta Practice guide. The idea of the podcasts arose from a continuing professional development seminar held in County Roscommon in 2015 for the early childhood care and education sector where Susan MacDonald, M. Ed was the guest presenter. Susan is the founder of Inspiring New Perspectives consultancy focused on empowering educational leaders to create programs that respect and nurture the possibilities that lie within each child, parent, and early years educators/early years practitioners/teachers. Her dynamic presentation style engaged the participants of our seminar in their own learning with her commitment to combining her knowledge of early childhood quality standards with her unique professional background in the delivery of what turned out to be an inspirational seminar.
We hope the variety of podcasts we have commissioned which focuses on Leadership, Pedagogical Leadership in ECCE Governance and Practice, Intentional leadership, Creating Rich Vibrant Environments and Endorsing the Six Life Skills for Children to carry forward in life as adults will inspire others in continuing to focus on the child as our partners while advocating for an inclusive practice that supports every child’s potential and further ignites our passion as we continue our valuable work with young children and families.
Outlined below are the various podcasts which you can access on our website. Follow the link to view the podcasts http://www.roscommonchildcare.ie/videos-podcasts/
- Leaders as passionate engaged educators in the ECCE setting
- Documentation Why & How
- Being Intentional in our work? How do we do our best for children in our ECCE programmes
- Key elements to creating a rich learning environment
- How can we model Pedagogical Leadership in the Early Childhood Care and Educational Setting?
- Reflective Practice in Early Childhood Care and Education
- Pedagogical Leadership in ECCE Governance and Practice
- Every child has a story connecting your ECCE Curriculum
- Mindfulness in Early Childhood Care & Education leadership – Asking questions influences those who answer
- Creating vibrant environments in the Early Childhood Care and Education Setting
- Establishing the environment in the Early Childhood Care and Education Setting
- Positive strength based Leadership in the Early Childhood Care and Educational Setting
- Strategies for supporting Six life Skills in Young Children – Matchmakers in relationship land
- Skilful intervention in ECCE Linking leadership to the AistearSìolta Practice Guide
- Leaders for Learning Creating vibrant learning environments for children in the ECCE Setting
We encourage the use and sharing of these podcasts in your Early Childhood Care and Education work and training environment and hope they a useful additional resource for the sector.
Roscommon County Childcare Committee